Friday, March 1, 2013

The Start of Something New

For those who don't know me, I'm Lulu and this is my story. In 2013 I decided to get my life back. When I was a kid I was always heavier, but athletic which allowed me to keep my weight under control. I went to college and the "unlimited seconds" coupled with less supervision made my Freshman 15 more like a Freshman 50. I stayed at roughly the same weight (some yo-yo diets here and there) until about two years ago. In September 2011 I started a year of unemployment wherein I spent the majority of my time sitting on my sofa and eating pizza. I would go to my boyfriend's house and have dinner and then stop for a "snack" on the way home, which usually consisted of a Big Mac and large fries. That's when things got out of control and know I got into some incredibly unhealthy habits.

In January of 2013 I decided I wanted to get my life back. I joined MyFitnessPal and started tracking my calories every day. I am lucky enough to have a wonderful boyfriend (Goober) who supports me in this journey and chose to go on it with me. At the end of January, Goober and I joined Anytime Fitness together, because it's the closest to our apartment and we can literally go at any time of the day. In mid-February I decided I wanted to up the stakes and started working out with a personal trainer at the gym. As I write this I've lost over 16 pounds and hope that number increases, while the number on the scale decreases.

In this blog I'm going to detail some of the recipes I make as well as any highs and lows in my journey. Of course, I will also take encouragement, advice, and recipe suggestions along the way!

3 comments:

  1. I am SUPER excited that you have a blog now, yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Looks really good. Can not wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job! it's hard making big changes, but it sounds like you're going about it the right way.

    ReplyDelete